defintion heading

post- a prefix meaning: after in time/apocalyptic def: a prophetic disclosure; a revelation/princess def: a woman who is a ruler of a principality Post-Apocalyptic Princess def: A woman who became an award-winning apparel designer, found her prince, battled breast cancer, lost over 100 pounds, adored her time behind the counter in the wonderful world of retail, has more than a few neuroses, lived in L. A., moved to a little town in Maine, and is attempting to make a go of a retail shop while trying to figure out a way to get back to L.A. before she loses her mind and savings

Thursday, March 29, 2012

High Tea: L.A. Style

The Great Wall of China
We live just a block away from the intersection of Beverly and La Brea Boulevards....shops to the left of me, restaurants to the right, here I am stuck in the middle of cool.  I go wobbly when I find amazing products with outstand- ing packaging displayed in over the top creative ways.  It's the retail trifecta for me.

Rolling Greens is the most amazing boutique meets nursery meets florist located in a venue that leaves you gobsmacked.  You know you're in L.A. when the area where you order the flowers is called an "arrangement bar".  The Beverly and Gardner venue is the second outpost for Rolling Greens and is located in the historic Tire Town Co. building.  


Tea anyone?
 A few weeks ago we stopped in and I was perusing books in the back area when I noticed a wall hanging of sorts.  For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what it was.  A huge smile came to my face as I got closer.  Tea bags!  It was absolutely the most brilliant use of materials I've seen in a very, very long time.  I'm extremely careful about photographing stores... especially ones that really go above and beyond in the realm of visual display, but today we popped in again and I couldn't resist.  I asked one of the employees if it would be okay if I photographed the tea bag wall.  She was lovely and said the owner doesn't have any issues with people taking photos inside the store.  All she told me about the work....which I consider a work of art....is that is was done by students from FIDM.  Kudos to them! 

If you live in L.A. and you haven't been to Rolling Greens, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to the best of the best of product and display.  And now maybe you have a new use for all those old teabags!  That certainly gives the concept of repurposing a whole new meaning.....is it your cup of tea?
English Breakfast or Earl Grey?

No comments:

Post a Comment