defintion heading

post- a prefix meaning: after in time/apocalyptic def: a prophetic disclosure; a revelation/princess def: a woman who is a ruler of a principality Post-Apocalyptic Princess def: A woman who became an award-winning apparel designer, found her prince, battled breast cancer, lost over 100 pounds, adored her time behind the counter in the wonderful world of retail, has more than a few neuroses, lived in L. A., moved to a little town in Maine, and is attempting to make a go of a retail shop while trying to figure out a way to get back to L.A. before she loses her mind and savings

Friday, July 20, 2012

Ode to the Olden Days


I don't know many people who don't have fond memories of or love the smell of freshly cut grass....well, anyone other than an allergy sufferer.  It always takes me back to the long summer days of my childhood.  As I was sitting at the front counter of Lucky Hill this morning, I found myself smiling as the aroma of freshly cut grass drifted in the window.  The nostalgic scent was accompanied by a sound I couldn't quite place which seemed to get closer and closer to the open front door.  And then I saw it.  The old push mower that had been tucked into a corner of the garage.....being pushed by Dan!


After I came back into the shop, I heard a group of women call out to my husband that it was so wonderful to see someone using the old-fashioned mower.  It was charming and most perfectly suited to Castine.  The rhythmic schwump schwump of the rotating blades was so much sweeter than the loud roar of a gasoline powered lawnmower.  While being green might require a little more elbow grease and time, it's more than worth it on so many levels....although I wasn't the one pushing the mower!  Dan, on the other hand, might still believe it's not easy being green.  Then again, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment