defintion heading

post- a prefix meaning: after in time/apocalyptic def: a prophetic disclosure; a revelation/princess def: a woman who is a ruler of a principality Post-Apocalyptic Princess def: A woman who became an award-winning apparel designer, found her prince, battled breast cancer, lost over 100 pounds, adored her time behind the counter in the wonderful world of retail, has more than a few neuroses, lived in L. A., moved to a little town in Maine, and is attempting to make a go of a retail shop while trying to figure out a way to get back to L.A. before she loses her mind and savings

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Supreme Lack of Coordination

There should be a "Welcome" sign ahead on the bridge
Yesterday we headed north to Maine after having spent a wonderful week visiting my Mom in Pennsylvania.  Dan had been participating in the Wayne Plein Air Art Festival while Mom and I trotted over hill and dale and around field and farm.  Hopefully, in the not too distant future, I'll post some blogs about the amazing places we visited.  But for now, back to our trip.....

We pulled out of the driveway at 3:55 a.m. and hit horrific rain in New Jersey and New York.  It didn't help that I got us headed south rather than north after the Tappan Zee and we came close to entering the Bronx instead of West Chester County.  Connecticut and Massachusetts provided slightly better weather, but it wasn't until we crossed into New Hampshire that the skies cleared.  Thankfully, we were welcomed into Maine with sun and blue skies. 

I think there was a sign somewhere over there
Goofy romantic that I am, I had visions of capturing the "Welcome to Maine" sign upon entering the state.  Our new home state!  If I was at all coordinated and didn't need reading glasses to see what I was photographing, I might have captured that happy moment.  Mind you, this is the woman who can watch TV, listen to music, hold a conversation, and write or design at the same time.  Ask me to unlock a door and talk?  Forget it.  Walk and chew gum....if I chewed gum?  Not a chance.  Compose a photo while flying by at 65 mph without my glasses?  You be the judge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment